I was cleaning through desk drawers at work the other day and came across a loose piece of paper entitled “Important Characteristics of a Leader.” It was written in my handwriting. I have no idea if I came up with this list or not. I think I did. I have this bad habit of whenever a thought comes to me, I grab for whatever is available. I have deep thoughts (and not so deep thoughts) written on grocery receipts, index cards, scratch paper. I actually came across a recipe for baked beans written on a napkin. I blame my 7th and 8th grade Language Arts teachers (any VMS Skippers out there?). When we were learning to do research papers, we had to put individual thoughts and facts on index cards so we could put move them around our main points. It was very effective. In fact, I had the best teachers. I felt completely prepared for college. But this method obviously has had its down side. 😉
So here it is…
8 Important Characteristics of a Leader
- Leaders are real/authentic.
- Don’t try to be someone else or something you are not.
- Leaders are not afraid to admit they are wrong.
- Leaders are readers.
- Leaders are not afraid to ask for help or prayer.
- Leaders will not ask someone to do something they would not do themselves.
- Leaders take risks!
- Being right is not the always the most important thing.
- CHARACTER, CHARACTER, CHARACTER is always more important than giftings and charisma.